IS IT FIVE YET: URBANIST SUMMER HAPPY HOUR GUIDE
The question really should be is it four yet cause with sunny summer days, who really can concentrate after 4pm. Instead, we move for all PGH bosses to adopt summer hours to enable all of us to take full advantage of the great happy hours out there. And there are some good ones whether you are looking for oysters and rosé or just cheap beers. Without further ado, here is our summer happy hour guide for 2017.
The Half-Off Club: Channeling our 2-4-1 college days, we are a sucker for anyone out there that’s offering up half off drafts or snacks.
It may be bright and sunny outside, but it's always Dark & Stormy in here. Come snag our top-notch Dark & Stormy (Bermuda rum, fresh lime, ginger syrup, Jamaica's Finest ginger beer, and a hefty slug of bitters) for just $5.50 during Half-Off Happy Hour, starting at 5. DJ MB kicks off the party jams at 7. #tiki #cocktails #🌴
- x Smallman Galley. 5-7p. 1/2 off drafts, wine and cocktails.
- x Kelly’s. 5-7p. 1/2 off drafts and snacks. Plus a daily $4 cocktail. And don’t forget, they have a solid back patio.
- x Sienna Mercato (Emporio only). 4-6p. 1/2 off drafts, $5 wines, $2 off select cocktails.
- x Spirit: 5-8p. 1/2 off craft drafts + free salad & garlic knots with full pie. And the back patio is the perfect spot to chill with your cold beer.
- x Mad Mex (Oakland & Shadyside): 430-630. 1/2 off wings, drafts & margaritas. If you are lucky you can snag the seats out front at both locations.
- x BRGR (Downtown & East Liberty). 4-6p. 1/2 off drafts & apps as well $4 house wines and $5 selected cocktails. Rooftop and sidewalk patios will be waiting for you.
- x Kaya: 430-630. Half off drinks. Don’t forget your shades for the sidewalk seating, there is no hiding from the sun there!
- x Hidden Harbor. 5-6p. 1/2 off ten tropical classics (think daiquiri, painkiller, etc).
- x Urban Tap (South Side & Shadyside): 430-630. 1/2 off drafts and $2 off appetizers.
Snack Attack: For when you want to go to happy hour but secretly just want to eat a 5p dinner like the blue-hairs sitting in the dining room.
- x Whitfield: 4-6p daily (including wknds). Short bar menu including a $5 corndog as well as $5 drafts/well cocktails, $6 wines and $7 house cocktails. See full menu here.
- x Eleven: 4-6. $7 Snacks (like 1/2 dozen oysters) and $7 cocktails & wines. See full line up here.
- x Umami: 430-630. $4 & $5 cocktails and snacks (like their fried chicken and mini makis) along with a $2.50 tiny Kirin beer.
- x Smoke BBQ: $1 smoked whole wings, $3 sammies, $3 mystery tacos, $5 mini queso, $5 daily cocktail, 1/2 off drafts, $5 margaritas, $5 wines.
I don’t want a beer...But do I want a rosé or a cocktail or a bubbly? All three? I don’t know, I just know I don’t want a beer.
Summer is here ! Perfect time for a glass of rosé. Choose from a selection of six rosés by the glass from USA ,Italy ,Greece , Lebanon or France . Selected by our wine and beverage director Alyssa McGrath @atrain919 . • • • • #winestagram #wine #winelovers #winebar #winetasting #wine🍷 #wineoclock #wineporn #winetasting #pittsburgh #pittsburghwine #pittsburghwinelovers #sommelier #somlife #sommelierlife #pittsburghdrinks #wineanddine #wineandfood #winewednesday #winenights #wineday #winephotos #winephoto #winedrunk #winenot #winenotes
- x Cantina: $5 sangrias & house margs or $20 pitchers, $2 off wine and for beer drinkers $15 pitchers of XX, $4 micheladas, $1 off drafts. And we don’t need to tell you about the amazing patio, right?
- x Market Street Grocery: 5-7p. $5 glasses of wine. And they are big pours.
- x Muddy Waters: 430-630p. $10 off sparkling bottles, $20 off champagne, $6 cocktail. Plus $1 & $2 oysters!
- x Pizzaiolo Primo: 430-630p. $5/$6/$7 wines and cocktails. $10 pizzas too for those also looking to snack.
- x Casbah & Soba: 5-7p. $6 cocktails & wines and $1 off beers for those who insist on drinking beer.
The Newcomers: You’ll never know which you like best til you try them all!
- x Union Standard. 4-6p. Half off oysters, $2 off classic & house cocktails. There is also a $6 bar snack menu at all times that is pretty amazing.
- x Pork & Beans: 4-6p. $6 snack menu with $2 domestic drafts & $1 off domestic drafts. Snag a seat outside for perfect people watching.
- x Talia. 4-6p. $3 Peroni’s, $5 prosecco on tap, $6 rosé.
- x Wigle Tasting Room (William Penn Downtown): 5-7p. 1/2 off house & highball cocktails.